Press Releases<< Back
Herbalife Nutrition Scientists and Experts to Present Research Virtually at Upcoming Global Nutrition and Scientific Conferences
"As a leading nutrition company, we have made a commitment to investing in technology, facilities and most importantly, an accomplished scientific team that is recognized worldwide for their leadership in nutrition and food science," said Dr.
September 2, Herbalife Nutrition Advisory BoardMember, Gary Small, M.D., will give a presentation titled, “Brain health: how to maintain cognition function throughout life stages.”
September 2, Herbalife Nutrition’s Dietetic Advisory BoardMember, Carolina Pimentel, Ph.D., will give a presentation titled, “Protein as a resource to maintain body composition and its importance in aging.”
Herbalife Nutrition’s scientific staff will present research on portable molecular analytic tools for botanical identification and probiotic genome sequencing.
September 15, a session titled, “Botanical Identification Goes Mobile,” will include presentations from Herbalife Nutrition’s Yanjun Zhang, Ph.D., Principal Scientist, Natural Products Methods Research; Silva Babajanian, M.S., Director, Quality Control Lab; and Adam Kuszak, Health Scientist Administrator with the National Institute of Health(NIH)
September 16, Deborah McKenzieof AOAC will be joined by panelists Silva Babajanian, M.S., and Quanyin Gao, Ph.D., both directors at Herbalife Nutrition Quality Control Lab, for a session titled, “Probiotic identification and quantitation.”
Research Poster Presentations:
Analytical Methods for Botanical Ingredients
- Field Botanical Identification using Portable Molecular Analytical Tools
- HPTLC1, HPLC2 and DNA Barcoding Identification of Cyclocarya paliurus
- Identification and Differentiation of Cinnamomum cassia, Cinnamomum zelyanicum, and Cinnamomum burmannii barks Using HPTLC
- An Improved Method for the Determination of Acidic Polysaccharides in Ginseng
Method Developmentand Validation for Quantitation of Alliin and Allicinin Garlic Raw Material and Garlic Tablets by HPLC
Analytical Methods for Nutrients and Bioactives
- K-mer-based Analysis on Whole Genome Sequencing Data for Probiotic Strain Differentiation
- Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR) Identification of Raw Materials in Quality Control
- Rapid Determination of Inositol by UPLC-QDa5
- Rapid Identification of Single-Organism Powdered Probiotic Raw Material and Finished Product via MALDI-TOF Methodology
- A Single laboratory Validation of a HPLC UV3 method for Simultaneously Quantitation of 13 Citrus Bioflavonoids
- A Single Laboratory Validation of the Test Method for Determination of γ-aminobutyric acid (GABA) in Food by HPLC, using 6-aminoqunolyl-N-hydroxysuccinimidyl carbamate (AQC)
- A Single Laboratory Validation of a Test Method for the determination of free Lutein and β-carotene in products adding with Lutein Esters and Beta-carotene
- A Single Laboratory Validation of Test Method for the Quantitation of individual Sugars and Sugar alcohol in protein powder matrix by LC/MS/MS4
1HPTLC: High-performance thin-layer chromatography
2HPLC: High-performance liquid chromatography
3HPLC UV: High-performance liquid chromatography Ultraviolet
4LC/MS/MS: Liquid chromatography–mass spectrometry
5UPLC-QDa: Ultra-Performance Liquid Chromatography Quadrupole Dalton
For more information, please visit IAmHerbalifeNutrition.com.
The Company is a global company that has been changing people’s lives with great nutrition products and a proven business opportunity for its independent distributors since 1980. The Company offers high-quality, science-backed products, sold in over 90 countries by entrepreneurial distributors who provide one-on-one coaching and a supportive community that inspires their customers to embrace a healthier, more active lifestyle. Through the Company’s global campaign to eradicate hunger, the Company is also committed to bringing nutrition and education to communities around the world.